Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness

Quick Thoughts
  1. This is the 'how to make a better 401k plan for your employees' book.  It's smart.  They know that when people are faced with multifaceted decisions, they need help.  But they demand that its better to give people as much choice as possible while leading them in the direction that they probably should be taking anyway.
  2. Tons of great studies and ideas for improving public policy.  They are best when they are critical of existing programs (Like Medicare part D).
  3. At a certain point (late in the book), I think the authors got a little into their overall theory and started pressing it a bit too hard.  I didn't really accept their ideas for public education and by the end of the book I felt like their ideas could be very difficult to effectively implement.  That said, I'm pretty sure this book is why my firm offers a low-fee mutual fund that is time-stamped to automatically adjust the portfolio away from equities as I get closer to retirement.
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment